The Finance Committee assists the Local 002 Treasurer in the performance of his/her duties, including:
- preparation of the Local’s annual budget;
- reviewing auditor reports and making recommendations to ensure the Local is accountable to AUPE and the members;
- reviewing Local 002 financial policies and making motions to Council if additions or updates are recommended;
- scrutinizing, researching options and making recommendations on financial-related issues presented to the committee;
- investigating ways to cut costs to ensure member funds are spent wisely.